Pages

Saturday 6 February 2016

Lovely Lily

New baby card for Lily Rae, green resist background with parchment tag


New baby card for Lily Rae, green resist background with parchment tag














Tonight's card was made for my friend's new baby, born at the start of the year.

I started with Stamps Away stamp and colour coated card, cut down to A6. I stamped the Heartfelt Creations Sweet Lullaby background stamp in watermark ink, then blended bundled sage distress ink over it. The watermark ink worked as a resist, leaving the stamped image in white.

Green resist background

This is my background, I wanted a personalised topper that wouldn't cover it too much.

Parchment fits the bill - I cut a tag using a die, then added boxes and the name with my groovi plate mate.

I used a border plate to give the tag a border, going freehand around the corners.

Parchment tag with Lily Rae boxed letters

I coloured the letters (from behind) with a sharpie pen.

Finally, I used a small piece of ribbon in the tag's hole, and attached it with a small piece of double sided tape.

I used zeta hammered card in white for the card base, I think this is so pretty and soft, perfect for baby's cards.

Simple but effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda