Pages

Wednesday 5 February 2020

Groovi Sketch


Netta has taken over as host of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month.

I love the sketch she has chosen for us to work with:


I like to use my Groovi parchment kit for sketches - it's rarely appropriate for the other challenges but works well for these.

This time I used a pale turquoise parchment - as I do a lot of colouring (rather then white work) I'm not sure the coloured parchment is best for me, but it is rather pretty.

I'm a bit out of practise and had a few fails where I went into areas I didn't want to - don't look too closely!

To back the parchment I used some patterned papers I bought in a charity shop years ago - I'd forgotten I had them, but they're really lovely. I used a different paper behind the squares to highlight them - it's subtle but they do stand out more than they did without it.




I'm pleased with how this came together - I never have much of a plan when I start, thank goodness for the sketch!






I'm late posting this so the challenge has been open for a few days already on the 52CCT blog - to join in, you have until Friday 7th Feb.

2 comments:

  1. C'est une merveille Lucinda, très clean et épuré, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! Such a great technique...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda