Pages

Sunday 5 April 2020

Groovi with colour


Another week and another 52 Christmas Card Throwdown card that I'm posting late. I really thought I'd get this one done in time but it took longer than expected. I also made some other cards for a birthday and to send to friends who're having a hard time, so I haven't been a crafting slouch this week.

I'm hoping to go and start next week's colour theme card this afternoon, so fingers crossed that one's on time.

Branka is our host for April, and this is the sketch she's chosen to kick off the month.


I wanted to do another Groovi sketch card. I got some new Groovi plates for Mothers Day and our wedding anniversary recently and wanted to use a couple of them specifically.


My challenge to myself was to not use snowflakes, as they are my default. However, I got some other plates that are just snowflakes so there will be some parchment snowflake cards in my not too distant future!

Line art first, using these plates, plus the square and circle plates for the outlines, and a new sentiment plate.


I coloured from the back using Faber Castell polychromo pencils. I shaded behind the sentiment to help it stand out from the background.


For the background I used two patterned papers. One formed the base, the other I cut strips and a circle to define the edges and the sentiment circle.


I cut out the parchment with pinking shears, and mounted on the background with tiny pieces of super sticky tape, behind the coloured areas.

It needed something else before going on the card blank. I didn't have quite the shade I wanted, so cut a piece of pink card, then blended seedless preserves distress oxide round the edge.



I wanted to use bright colours for the card, a change from my usual blue and purples, which I've achieved! I do like the cute elements from Tina's Groovi plate.




To join in with this challenge, head to the 52CCT blog. This challenge is open until Friday 10th April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda