Pages

Saturday 4 December 2021

Fairy Lights


I can't believe we've reached the final challenge of 2021 at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

As we enter the final run up to the big day, I hope we've helped you to build up a great stash of cards you're proud to send to friends and family.

This challenge gives you plenty of scope for those last minute efforts - or maybe you're starting next year's collection!

 


 

I have revisited the November theme challenge of Fairy Lights - except I missed this one, so not really revisiting!


 

I drew the line of fairy lights, using free pictures online as a guide. I went over with an embossing pen, and heat embossed in platinum.

I added brusho powder inside the bulbs, in alizarin crimson, leaf green, and yellow. I then spritzed with water, to activate the pigment. I got lovely bright colours, with a beautiful "glow" around the bulbs.

Once dry, the colours weren't quite so vivid, so I added a gloss glaze to the bulbs, to lift them.

I cut down to size, and used the offcuts to stamp the sentiment in black archival.

I edged the card and the sentiment, and put together on a 6x6 card blank.




I never tire of using brushos, I love the effects they give!

 

 

 

 

 

To play along, pop over to our 52CCT blog. You have all month for this challenge, entries close on Saturday 1st January 2022 (!)

Happy crafting, a very Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, and see you next year.

 

4 comments:

  1. Lucinda... you make me want to pull out my Brushos! Love the color on your card. I truly feel the twinkle. Thank you so much the for the invite to Guest Design with Christmas Card Throwdown... this is one of my favorite challenges. You keep me honest in keeping up with my Christmas stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the effect you gave with the brushos. Very colorful! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lumineuse, elle est si moderne, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the soft watercolour effect creates the lovely glow from the lights, so clever. Brilliant idea to use the offcuts for the sentiment. The soft splatter takes the edge off the harsh white brilliantly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda