Pages

Saturday 15 January 2022

Vintage stag


It's time for Andreja L's colour challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. She's chosen shades of brown.



I've seen this frame idea a couple of times recently and wanted to emulate it.

The scene is very simple - one tree stamp, one stag stamp and one ink pad - potting soil archival ink. I used first, second and third generation for the trees, then repeat stamped the stag with my stamping platform.

For the background, I used pumice stone oxide ink, then walnut stain and frayed burlap for the stamping and stencilling over it. I added some holly to give a more Christmassy feel! Once the frame was adhered, I used a brown pencil to go round to add a little definition.




This was an interesting challenge - I would normally have added at least a touch of another colour. But I like the vintage feel and the calm this creates.



So now it's your turn - how will you use browns to make a card? Visit us at 52CCT to see the rest of the design team inspiration, and to share your card. The challenge is open for a week, until Friday 21st January.

3 comments:

  1. c'est magnifique Lucinda, très paisible et vintage, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea with the technique of the frame. And your stag stamp is beautiful. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda