Pages

Saturday 23 April 2022

Christmas in Autumn?


Goga's final challenge as host of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for April, is a technique - Emboss Resist.



I'll let you into a secret - I was going to choose this for my month, but Goga got there first. So I'm obviously very happy with the challenge!

The scene is stamped - from an old Hobby Art set - and heat embossed in white, on watercolour paper. I then coloured with distress inks and a water pen. I realised that, with the white embossing, I couldn't do white snowy rooves or fields, so it doesn't look very Christmassy!

I wasn't sure if this was "resist" enough, so repeated the technique on the background. This time I stamped the poinsettia and heat embossed in white again. I then dipped this into the leftover ink on my mat from my colouring. This meant the colours matched beautifully, but it was very pale, so I added more ink, repeating until I got the intensity I wanted. I blended walnut stain ink around the outside to frame.

The frame and snowflakes were die cut from watercolour paper. I raised the centre up (with foam tape) to help the snowflakes stand out from the background.

 



It looks more Autumnal than Christmas, but never mind! I do really like the colours, especially in the background, against the delicate white lines.

 

 

 

 

To play along with this fun and versatile technique, pay us a visit at the 52CCT blog. You can see the amazing inspiration from my DT colleagues, and link your own card up. You have 2 weeks to play along with this challenge, as there are 5 Saturdays in April, it closes on Friday 6th May.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda