Pages

Saturday 27 August 2022

Layered (but not) snowflakes


 

Valerie's final challenge as host of 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is "One Layer CAS".



This was a bit tricky for me, as it's not my usual style - all the white space ideas I had involved layers of die cuts! Or I kept going back to this card I made in July. 

But I got there.

I stamped the sentiment first, in stormy sky oxide ink, then heat embossed with clear powder. I masked it with a strip of sticky note, then stamped the snowflakes. This is a layering stamp set from Simon Says Stamp. I stamped the base first, and added the white powder, then the top layer with gold powder. The white was hard to see so my lining up wasn't perfect! I then heated both layers together.

Finally I brushed stormy sky oxide over the side (with the mask still in place) to make the snowflakes pop out.

 

 It definitely looks better when you can see the shine!!

 


So I hope this is clean and simple enough for Valerie!

 

 

And now your turn.

You have until Friday 2nd September to visit us at the 52CCT blog and share your card.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda