Pages

Friday 7 October 2016

A Winter Scene





The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown have announced a Design team call for October, to add a bit of interest this month!

As always, the first challenge of the month is a sketch.



For this one, I pulled out the Clarity Wee Christmas Folk, for a snowy scene.

I started with stencil card, and a torn paper horizon. I brushed in the sky with chipped sapphire distress ink, and a touch of bundled sage. I stamped the two figures having a snowball fight, using cobalt blue archival ink for a nice, crisp finish. The trees were added with the same distress inks, to fall into the distance a bit. I added some shadow under the figures with torn paper and a make up sponge.

(No progress pictures for this one, I was too caught up in making it!)

I added snow to the sky with a white pen.

I cut out the circle with a die, and edged gently in more chipped sapphire.

The sentiment is from a Clarity set, stamped in the cobalt blue archival. I cut it into a ribbon shape, then brushed chipped sapphire around the edge.

The background is also edged in the chipped sapphire, and embossed with a tattered lace embossing folder.

The layers have been mounted with foam tape for dimension, onto a 5x7 card base.




A simple layout, giving the perfect foil for a sweet Winter scene.






6 comments:

  1. What a lovely image and so perfect I blue and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. They're lovely little stamps, and the blue and white snowy cards are a nice contrast to more traditional Christmas colours.

      Delete
  2. I just love this clean and simple Christmas card. Super embossed background and that image is lovely. Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I love embossing, but don't always thing to use it, my embossing folders are a little neglected! It always gives such a finished look, I think.

      Delete
  3. This is amazing! Love the monochrome look to it :)
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kaja, glad you like it. The monochrome look sort of evolved more than being planned ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda