Pages

Sunday 5 August 2018

Bubble sketch challenge


It's my turn to host the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month - well, it should have been my turn in September, but as I'm due to give birth at the start of September, I swapped!

For my sketch challenge, I chose this layout:




I realised after I'd drawn it, that I had a stencil very similar - Jo's Bubbles from Clarity. So I dug that out! 

I didn't want the whole thing as I was going for a 6x6 card (it's a 7x7 stencil), so I cut a mask from copy paper to cover some of the holes.



I attached the card underneath, taping it all in place.

For colour, I used distress oxides. The first colour combination was fired brick, cracked pistachio, and antique linen.


For the sentiment, I used a lovely Clarity stamp, I love the font of this one. I used my stamp platform, so I could use vintage photo and then black soot to darken it in areas.


I then repositioned the stencil and mask, and stamped with the small holly and ivy stamp that comes with the sentiment, using cracked pistachio, just inside the circles.

To finish off, I stamped mini stars from Lavinia Stamp, in copper pigment ink, and edged with a copper sharpie pen.



I had another go (making sure I have enough cards built up before new baby arrives!), this time with wilted violet, broken china and picked raspberry.


I used a different sentiment stamp, with black versa fine ink this time. The snowflakes are actually a corner stamp from Clarity, stamped in the broken china distress oxide.

I used silver for the stars and edging on this one.


Two more postage friendly cards for the stash!

To join in with the challenge, head over to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 10th August to enter.

Have fun playing with this sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda