Pages

Saturday 6 July 2019

The value of a stash...


Tracy is hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month. She starts us off with this sketch:


This card nearly didn't get made as I'm struggling with a bad back - but I was also missing crafting, so this is a quick and easy stash card. This is when all that stuff I keep that hubby rolls his eyes at comes into its own!

I pulled out the inky smooshed background from my stash, and some round stickers I made last year for wrapping Christmas presents.

Three of the stickers down the side gave me the main element of the sketch (I flipped it onto its side).

I masked the central rectangle, and sponged iced spruce and antique linen distress oxide around the outside. I then stamped with a long snowflake stamp, in faded jeans. These were the three colours I'd used for the stickers, so it all tied in.

I then masked the strip down the middle, sponged in antique linen and stamped in faded jeans with a word stamp.

The finishing touch is some doodling around all the edges with a faded jeans distress marker.

Plain and simple but pretty - I think more so in real life than the photo, maybe I'm biased!

To join in with this challenge, head to 52CCT - you have until Friday 12th July to enter.

2 comments:

  1. c'est très original Lucinda, très joli fond, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucinda a great take on the sketch and also using it in another orientation. One reason I love sketches so much. Hope your back gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda