Pages

Saturday 12 October 2019

More gel plate Christmas cards


I think the colour challenges at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown are my favourites!

This week, Branka has chosen white, blue and brown.



This is such a classy combination - I wanted to try a shaving foam background as well, but first I played with my new 6x6 gel press plate again. (And didn't get to the shaving foam in time!)

This is a card design from Barbara Gray at Clarity, I claim absolutely no originality. There's a ClarityStamp video on Youtube that's basically this card - but a bit more complex I think!

So no step by step photos from me this week, just the cards I made. The base layer is a mix of browns, a bit of cream in the smaller ones, and a touch of gold to add shimmer. For the second layer, to lift it all off the plate, I used a mix of blues, including a metallic.

I stamped the sentiment with teale archival ink, and spiced chai stazon. I used the stamping platform to offset it slightly.

I also have a few backgrounds that didn't work out - I tried swapping the colours round but it was a bit dull - I think I'll try doodling in gold on it. Another one, the stencil slipped on the plate; not sure if there's anything I can do with that one, although it might die cut well.




This and the next one I cut down, edged with brown sharpie, and mounted on a 7x7 card blank.







I cut down the first one as there was a blob of paint of the edge, but liked it so did this one too.






This one I left with the natural shape from the gel plate. I didn't cut down (7x7 stencil card from Clarity), but edged with the brown sharpie and mounted on an 8x8 card blank. I find this a bit too big!



To join in with our colour challenge, head to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 18th October to join in.

Have fun crafting!

2 comments:

  1. C'est si elegant Lucinda, encore une petite merveille si sobre mais quel travail! Biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely backgrounds, perfect for your christmascards!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda