Pages

Saturday 19 October 2019

Tipsy snowman


I'm back with this week's 52 Christmas Card Throwdown card.

Branka has chosen "Snowmen" for her theme.


I had this planned out all week, but ended up making it at the last minute so it's actually a pretty quick one.

I started by die cutting three ovals from my card, and stamping the figures (Clarity wee folk stamps), then using a sponge and torn paper to add hills and ground them.

The snowman is a bit wonky - I might redo him before giving it to anyone!

On the background, I stamped the red band across the middle, then ran it through a Tattered Lace embossing folder, with just the top inside. I sponged a bit of the blue ink over the dots.

For the bottom half, I used second and third generation ink and three more stamps from the same Clarity knitted stamp set as the red border.

I then used green and blue to edge the card and the oval apertures, and put together onto an 5x7 card blank.



I think the bottom half of this turned out really pretty! And I like the contrast between the areas.




To join in this week, head to 52CCT. You have until Friday 25th to play.

2 comments:

  1. nice card, doesn't look as a quick card...

    ReplyDelete
  2. c'est trop joli Lucinda, elle me rappelle ces cartes vintage que je voyais dans mon enfance...biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda