Pages

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Last minute lights


Goga chose "christmas Lights" for her theme challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.


This caused a bit of rummaging on my part! But I did find an A4 stamp set from a magazine that I have no idea when I got, that had a little one inch border stamp of lights.

So this card is based around that one little stamp!

I started with distress oxides, blended onto Sheena's card in stripes.


This was the last photo I managed! With all the coronavirus upheaval, and getting two young cats this week, this card has been done in very short bursts over many days!

I stamped the lights in lines along the yellow stripes, then heat embossed in black. I filled in any gaps with black pen.

I coloured the lights with inktense pencils and used the waterpen to make them bright.

In between the rows of lights, I used Christmas border stamps and distress oxides. Very bright, and sort of a Christmas jumper feel!

For the focus, I blended my inks onto a scrap of the same card, and die cut my NOEL, then recut in black for a drop shadow. 

I cut a small square of white card and stamped the lights again to make a frame - it's not a great stamp so I went over with black pen. Then I filled in with the inktense pencils again.

I blended green ink around the background, and edged the background and focus in black, then mounted on a 6x6 card blank.

I used the snowflakes that had come out of my die cuts on the corner.



I like the background I made here a lot, and I'm pleased with how the lights stand out. The middle bit I'd probably rethink if I had loads of time. But I don't! The die cut is very pretty, at least!



Not a lot of time left to join in with this one - the challenge closes on Friday 27th March. Head over to the 52CCT blog to check out the other DT cards and entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda