Pages

Saturday 11 July 2020

White on white


For Fabiola's colour challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, she's chosen something typically stylish - all white.


Texture and movement are the name of the game when there's no colour to create contrast.

I started by cutting a 6x6 card blank down slightly. I die cut a corner lattice (Tim Holtz) into the bottom right. Above this, I used two embossing folders. The corner is designed for envelopes, and the snowflakes are a border folder.



To add depth, I die cut a layered snowflake - this is a new die set that I couldn't resist buying!

The bottom layer is shiny coated card, which I stamped and heat embossed in a pearly white.


The next layer is matt white, then white vellum. The centre is a white glitter paper I found, and I added a tiny white pearl in the centre.

I drew clusters of dots over the card and heat embossed in the pearl white too.

The corners were cut with a punch.

I placed this over a full size 6x6 card base, and attached at the top of the back, so it moves freely.

This isn't exactly how I envisaged the card would turn out, but I'm happy with how it hangs together. I think I've created interest without colour - I'm not usually good with leaving open space, and that turns out to be true even with a white card!

I hope you have fun playing with this challenge theme. To share your card with us, pop over to 52CCT, where you'll also be able to check out the amazing inspiration from the other DT members - such a variety of styles, but all gorgeous cards.

You have until Friday 17th July to enter this challenge..

8 comments:

  1. magnifique design Lucinda, ce combo est parfait avec ce joli flocon, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola - je suis desolee, je n'ai pas pu résister à l'utilisation d'un flocon pour ce challenge.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks - I was scouring my stash for different textures of white!

      Delete
  3. Lucinda: hello, team-mate! You've achieved an unusual layout design with the open lattice detail in the bottom right corner and then continued to add more embossing and layers of texture and dimension! Beautiful all white Christmas card! Wonderful creation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I was looking for different ways to add texture and interest - these corner dies are proving so useful!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda