Pages

Saturday 16 January 2021

Bells


The third week of each month is a theme challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

Andreja has chosen "Bells" for us to play with this month.



I have had this bell stamp for years, it was a ClarityStamp design club stamp from when I was a member, but I've never used it. So this was its chance for glory!

I stamped it in the middle of a large sheet of card with versafine clair black, then heat embossed in clear.

I then added brishos around the image and spritzed. The colours are alazarin crimson and sandstone - both new for Christmas so had to have a play! I kept them quite central around the image as I like the effects at the edge of the brushos and didn't want to have to crop that off.

Once dry I coloured the image with inktense watercolour pencils and a water brush.



I've done this before and really liked the effect. Here, on the other hand , I was fighting the brusho colour too much, it really didn't work and the card started to pill. Oops!

But I like the brushos, and there's always (usually) a way to rescue things. I stamped the image again on a scrap of the same card, and coloured it as before but without the brushos. I then fussy cut it out and adhered over the original.

The sentiment is stamped in black and heat embossed in clear. I edged this and the background, cut to size, with a black permanent pen. It went on a 6x6 card blank.



 

Beautifully bright and wild! I love the randomness of brushos, and the gorgeous shades.

And nice to have finally had a use for this stamp.

 

  


To play along with our "Bells" challenge, visit us at the 52CCT blog, where you'll find lots of inspiration from the rest of the design team. You have until Friday 22nd January to enter.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bells, love coloufull background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet Christmas creation, love the background.
    Stay safe, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  3. très coloré et joyeux, en accord avec ces cloches qui font la fête, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda