Pages

Saturday 9 January 2021

Holly


Andreja has chosen a very calming and natural colour combination for us to play with at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

 

The observant will notice I used these colours last week - I was trying to do something different but it just came out that way! So there's double the inspiration for you.

This card was inspired by an All & Create stamp, which has a fern leaf surrounded by text.

I wanted a holly leaf but didn't have a stamp or stencil the appropriate size. So I decided to draw one. This is definitely out of my comfort zone! I looked at lots of images, then drew out an outline.


I traced this onto card using inktense pencils, then coloured it in with the pencils and a water pen. I'm a beginner at this so it's not great but it's so much fun using these pencils, so I'll have to practice.


I cut a mask from the masking plastic from Clarity and put that over, and masked the edges with tape. I stamped over with potting soil archival ink and a Christmas text wooden stamp. It wasn't perfectly lined up stamping but I think it worked.



When I removed the masks it looked beautifully crisp around the leaf and edge!

Unfortunately, when I inked the edges with the brown, I managed to get some smudges on the right side - I am so annoyed with myself! But never mind.




 

A bit different for me, and quite simple, I like the effect. I think you could embellish this further, but given the challenges of home schooling and working at home, this will do!

 

 

 

 

This challenge is open until Friday 15th January, to join in visit the 52CCT blog. Looking forward to seeing what lovely cards you come up with.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you take my colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andreja, a great colour combination for us to play with.

      Delete
  2. superbe cette feuille, elle fait son petit effet et donne du chic, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic use of color palette and beautifully drawn greenery. Thanks for shering all the details too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda