Pages

Saturday 13 March 2021

A new metallic for me!


It's Goga's colour challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week. She's chosen an unusual combination, but I like it a lot!


My white is basically my card! I started with the grey, and mixed stamps over it, using a grey pigment ink.



I cut this down to size, then overstamped in versamark and heat embossed in the rose gold. I didn't have a rose gold embossing powder, but I messaged Jo at my brilliant local arts and craft shop, and she had a pot. However, when I tried it, I found it more brown than I think of rose gold. It's a nice colour, but not right for this challenge. So, I mixed it with some copper, and it has come out in what I think is the right colour.


 

I also edged the background in the rose gold.

For my topper, I die cut a banner - I didn't have a die long enough so partially cut a shorter one then moved it along and cut the other end. I didn't quite line it up perfectly but I think it's okay. I stamped a sentiment and heat embossed in the rose gold, and then stamped the same holly and ivy as the background in grey.

I die cut the swirls - they are actually the antlers of a reindeer. I heat embossed these in the rose gold as well.

I put it all together on a 6x6 card blank. I decided I liked the background the other way up! So if you were to be unkind enough to look really closely, the music is upside down.

 



 

I really like these colours, they're so elegant! I'm very happy to have rose gold added to my stash, I'm sure this will be used again.

 

 

 

 

I hope you have fun playing with these colours. You can see the inspiration from the rest of the design team on our 52CCT blog, and then share your card.

The challenge is open for a week, until Friday 19th March.

Have fun!!

10 comments:

  1. superbe et toujours très original Lucinda, biz

    ReplyDelete

  2. You made a fantastic card. You used the colors wonderfully. Lp Goga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Goga, I really like this combination, a great choice!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful layered stamping and the rose gold is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni. I do like combining stamps like this!

      Delete
  4. You have amazed me again with all the techniques you've crammed into your beautiful card! You did an amazing job achieving the perfect rose gold colour - love it! Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Gill. I'm just not a CAS crafter! I like drawing on lots of things I've picked up over time x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda