Pages

Saturday 20 March 2021

Pretty and slim


The third Saturday of the month is our theme challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Goga has chosen "Slimline Cards" for us to play with.



I've been seeing these all over the place for the last little while, but haven't had a go - I'm a bit stuck in my 6x6 and 5x7 cards!

I had a bit of a search to see if there are specific measurements for these cards, but there don't seem to be. It seems to vary - in the US it's based on letter size cardstock, in the UK on A4 (and I don't know about elsewhere!).

I went with a DL card, i.e. A4 cut to two thirds, or 19.8cm along the long side, then folded. This allowed me to use the offcut for my topper, although I matte and layered so cut another.

This card was my play on Mother's Day, so no process photos I'm afraid.

I started with distress reinker in salty ocean, which I dropped onto the corner then spritzed to get it to run, down and across.

The stamping is in pumice stone distress oxide, with some frayed burlap.

I also stamped and drew lines and dots, and embossed in white, on the top and bottom.


 

I blended the browns round the edges, and also swiped a dark brown stazon ink on the very edge.

The holly and pine cone die cuts were smooshed through the brown inks, the snowflake was dipped into salty ocean. I overstamped the snowflake in cobalt blue archival ink.


 

The sentiment was also stamped in the cobalt blue, and edged in the browns.

The other touches are thread wrapped round, some sparkly white net, and a pearl in the middle of the snowflake.

The layer behind is blended with the two brown oxides.



 

I find this so pretty. I love the blue and brown together, and the shabby chic feel.

The different dimensions of the slimline card were fun to play with too. I have a couple of others that I cut and started, so can go back and play some more when I fancy.




To see the wonderful inspiration from my design team colleagues, head over to the 52CCT blog.

This challenge is open for you to share your slimline cards, until Friday 26th March. I really look forward to seeing what you come up with!

12 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful - your design works so well on a slimline card. Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Majda. It's good to expand my horizons!

      Delete
  2. I love all the little details you've added to your card. I really like the design and the slimline size works really well. Hugs, Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill. It's fun to ahve all the elements then work out which to use together and how. It's never how I planned in my head!

      Delete
  3. elle est superbe et tellement élégante ta carte Lucinda, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic vintage design. Love your slimline card. Thank you, Goga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Goga, and thanks for the inspiration. Breaking me out of my 6x6/5x7 rut!

      Delete
  5. The slim line accentuates the beautiful design of your card so wonderfully!!! Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi, I agree, I don't think it would have worked so well on a regular card.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card, love the textures and top corner desigen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda