Pages

Saturday 11 September 2021

Feeling blue



Rosi has chosen "3 shades of blue" as her colour challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week.


I have used 3 archival ink shades - cobalt blue, cornflower blue and manganese blue. The card design is from a workshop I did with Angela Simpson in May.

I built the wreath with a stamp set I got secondhand and I suspect was from a magazine. It had the perfect stamps for a wreath so would guess this was one of the projects! I drew a pencil circle on the card, then used my stamp platform - placing the stamp then turning the card a quarter to stamp 4 times. I realised I didn't rub out the pencil mark - it doesn't show too much but might go back and do that!

The hills were created with torn paper and a sponge, with the cornflower blue. The tree is from an old rubber set, and the stag is a stand alone stamp I've also had for ages. I think the tree had ink left on it so came out a little more green than the cornflower colour - which works well for the card and I hope Rosi will forgive for the challenge!

The stars added interest in the sky, although I think I overdid them. The final touch was clear glitter in the berries and tree, however, my glue pen is obviously too old so came out yellow! Oops. I added blue mica instead of the glitter, to cover the yellow colour, which has worked. Again I ask Rosi's forgiveness for a fourth shade of blue!

To finish, I brushed the cornflower blue around the outside to give a subtle edge.




While I'm still in shock(!) that I haven't included a single snowflake on a blue card, I am very happy with this. It's a beautiful Winter scene, and the wreath gives a different aspect to it.

 

 

 

To join in, pop over to the 52CCT blog, where you'll see the inspiration from my DT colleagues and can enter your card. You have a week, to Friday 17th September, to join in.



2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful winter scene, Lucinda! The wreath looks great and gives a beautiful aspect to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh que c'est joli Lucinda! biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda