Pages

Saturday 25 September 2021

Washi, washi, washi


It's time for Rosi's stash challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. I am so not ready for it to be the last Saturday of September!!

She's asked us to use washi tape on our card - at least two different tapes.



I don't usually use washi, but when I dug around I had a few different ones, so used 5 on this card.

(I was also introduced to The Washi Shop online recently, so will be adding to that - they have absolutely beautiful designs.)

This card started with the discarded piece from last week, with the yellow and green elf in the middle. Waste not want not!

I blended tumbled glass oxide over it, then lightly stamped a script stamp in brown to give a base.

Over this I collaged some music sheet (a printable) to hide the elf, then added torn strips of washi. It was a bit full on, so I dry brushed white gesso over to knock it back a bit.

I inked the edge with black archival, then sewed across with the sewing machine in white. I've been wanting to try stitching on paper/card for ages, so finally got on with it!



I saw a video on ways to use washi that showed die cutting, so wanted to try that. I put the collage and washi onto an scrap of card, then die cut a bird and a bow. I love this! They look so interesting.



I did the same with two flower (poinsettia I hope) dies. I edged with black to help them stand out.

The bird wasn't standing out on the background, so I inked a little background square, and attached it with the most contrasting washi as a frame. I added black with a Stabilo All pencil around the inner edge.

For the sentiment, I inked a scrap of card and die cut a tag, and stamped Merry Christmas. This also disappeared a bit, so I used the dark teal tape to cover more card and die cut a second tag to go underneath.




I can't quite make up my mind about this card. It's quite full on, and lacks contrast a bit. But I do like the shabby, layered feel, and I love the die cuts.

 

 

 

 

Now over to you. This challenge is open for a week, to Friday 1st October. To join in, visit us at 52CCT, where you'll also find the inspiration from my super talented design team colleagues.

2 comments:

  1. Love your card, Lucinda. I like the unorganized use of washi tape and the stitching over it! Great idea to cover the pieces with washi before die cutting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hou la la Lucinda, comme toujours tu explore toutes les technique, splendide résultat, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda