Pages

Saturday 5 March 2022

CAS sketch


It's been a bit quiet on here for a while; I've been under the weather, so concentrating on my cards for this month. I'm hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for March, so couldn't miss these ones - and wouldn't want to.

I start with a sketch for you to play with.



This card was the second idea and the quick one I made while my "proper" idea dried etc - but I think I like it more.

It's a DL card, I stamped and embossed the design in silver. It's the top of a Christmas tree stamp, but sufficiently abstract and ornate that at this angle, I don't think it yells "sideways Christmas tree". You may disagree!

Then a fancy sentiment at the bottom - with some lovely white space between, I don't often manage that!

I didn't even edge the card before mounting - in real life the shadow gives a bit more definition than the photo shows.


 

And of course, it has the lovely metallic shine, which the photos don't capture at all!

I don't often do CAS cards, so this is a bit unusual but very pretty.

 

 

 

 

 

To share your take on the sketch, visit us at 52CCT, where you can also see the wonderful cards from my design team colleagues.

The challenge is open for a week, to Friday 11th March.

Happy crafting!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda