Pages

Saturday 21 May 2022

Nativity Wreath


Tracy's theme choice at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week is Nativity.



This gave me a bit of a challenge - not being religious, I don't have any Nativity stamps or images. And I don't receive Nativity cards for the same reason. However, my mum came to my rescue, and we found a Nativity scene in her cards from last year.

To make the card my own, I cut the card into a round topper with a die, focussing on the three figures at the centre and losing most of the rest. I die cut a black frame to match, then various foliage dies, including ivy and some generic ones. These were arranged into a sort of wreath - more of a sun burst!

The background is stamped and stencilled, using colours to tie in with the topper. I edged with a black marker, to tie in with the foliage frame.

 

This is definitely a first for me! Old Christmas cards usually become tags not toppers. I do like the drama of the black, I think it would look very different done in greens, or white. Another idea to try sometime!

 

 

To play along, visit us at the 52CCT blog. You'll find all the inspiration from the design team, as well as the link to enter your card. The challenge is open for a week, until Friday 27th May.

Happy crafting!!

2 comments:

  1. oh ce qu'elle est élégante Lucinda! biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how beautifully the die cut embellishment your focal panel frames the nativity scene!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda