Pages

Wednesday 3 January 2018

Thank you - the second


Following on from yesterday's post sharing the thank you cards from Bethany's second birthday, here are the thank you's from her third birthday a couple of months ago.

I have photos of all the finished cards this time, but none of the process!

I used the hexagon petite gel press plate for these, with distress inks and stencils - mainly the petite dotty wave, petite leafy swirl, and the petite fossil leaves.  I layered the colour, using what was left on the gel plate after one print to add a layer to the next one. I found I needed at least three layers to look good - a plain base, then subtle dots, with a bolder swirl was a good combination. The colours were a bit random - whatever took my fancy, or Bethany's suggestions as she "helped" me. A few of the prints didn't turn our great, so I turned the card over and started again! One or two became indistinct, so I experimented with distress oxides. They're too opaque for much layering, but for a bold final layer they do a great job!


For the sentiments, I used distress reinkers. I dropped a mix of colours on the craft mat, spritzed with a little water, then dipped and dragged offcuts of card through them. I used a few different colour combinations. They were then die cut with the "thank you" die. Matching the die cuts with the backgrounds to find combinations that worked took a bit of time! I ended up with a few spare words to go into the stash, as well as having quite a lot of the card they were cut from over.



Finally, each background was edged with sharpie - either to match the words, or with metallic - the metallic sharpies are a new purchase and have great coverage! They were mounted on 5x5 card blanks.



After that "all" I had left to do was to write them all! Bethany helped with this too, adding drawings to the inside of each.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda