Pages

Saturday 23 March 2019

Embossed snowflakes



Time for another 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge. This week, Goga has asked us to play with embossing folder backgrounds.



This was timely for me as I got some great folders at a stash busting sale recently.

I started by colouring my card with distres oxides in cool blue shades, with a touch of black to tone it down. I realised too late that my only photos were blurry though!

I then ran the card through the grand calibur with an A4 snowflake embossing folder.

At one end I added gold wax, with silver at the other.



I cut this down, to give a 5x7 card  with gold and a 6x6 card with silver.

I really wanted to use a Christmas tree die I'd also got at the sale, so cut this in black, along with sentiments.



I added the gold wax to this too. The silver version of the card, with the large "Merry Christmas", didn't come together well so I'm still thinking about that one!

I edged the gold card with more wax, then with black ink, glued on the die cuts and mounted on a 5x7 card blank.




This is a very simple card, I'll call it "letting the embossing be the main feature". The shimmer from the wax doesn't show in the photos, but you can see how it picks out the embossing. The gold on the mottled blue gives a lovely shabby chic look.



And one day I'll work out what to do with the silver one, it was a bit plain and adding some bronze didn't help.

To play along with this challenge head over to the 52CCT blog. As there are 5 Saturdays in March, we don't have a challenge next week, so you have two weeks to play with this theme, it closes on Friday 5th April.

2 comments:

  1. adorable et charmant Lucinda, tu as l'art de la mise en scène, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda