Pages

Saturday 9 March 2019

White and gold



It's time for Goga's colour challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. She's chosen white and gold for us to play with, a classic, classy combination.


After last week's mammoth process, this week was meant to be a nice, quick, easy card. I have learnt that I am very bad at quick cards, and at composition! However, it was quicker than last week, so we'll call it a win.

I pulled out a pale gold metallic acrylic paint, and a large sheet of card. I applied the paint through a couple of Clarity stencils, then brayered the ink onto a small gel plate, to lift with a snowflake stamp and then stamp what was left on the plate. I also used the gel plate to load the brayer to apply to a music stamp and a script stamp. And brayered directly in places too.


Voila, a quick gold and white background.

I cut two pieces from this, both to fit a 5x7 card blank.

 
I sponged more gold around the edges to frame the backgrounds.

I had a plan to use these with ribbon and ivy die cuts, but when I tried it out, I didn't like it at all. So then I spent ages cutting various dies to try to find something I liked. I used white zeta hammered card, to give some texture.

In the end I got there - and have a lot of spare die cuts to go in my stash!!

I used a snowflake spray die by Leonie Pujol, and a nested shape die from The Works. On the latter I stamped my sentiment using Clarity's mini word chains, and heat embossed with metallic platinum Wow powder. (I know it's not called gold but it comes out a pale gold to match the paint so works!)

I cut the spray die cuts into smaller pieces to arrange coming from behind the sentiment. I also added a bit more paint to one of the backgrounds, to get a better contrast with the white. Unlike last week, the two cards are very similar, although I definitely prefer one.




So this is my favourite, it just seems to hang together better somehow.










This is the other, the angle shows the shine on the paint a bit better.








I suspect this will be a popular challenge, these are such great Christmas colours. Our thumbnail gallery of entries will be so pretty!

To join in, head to the 52CCT blog. Entries close on Friday 15th March.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda