Pages

Saturday 6 April 2019

A tardy sketch


I'm a bit late with my 52 Christmas Card Throwdown design team card this week. I planned to use our week's break last week to get ahead - ah well.

EK is hosting us this month, and she's chosen this sketch for us to play with:



As soon as I saw it, I knew I wanted to use the sunburst stencil from Clarity for the corner.

But I needed a background for it to go over. I started with green and cream distress oxides, three layers on the card. I then stamped over with a Clarity holly and ivy stamp, and paint in shades of red, green and cream.

Then it was time for the stencil, I sponged through with cream paint. I sponged dark red round the edge of the card, then ran a black ink pad round.

I cut a circle from cream zeta hammered card, and stamped a greeting from Clarity in black versafine.

Lastly it was doodle time - to emphasise the stencil, and around the edge, and to embellish the sentiment.





I'm not sure it's my favourite card ever, but it is quite Christmassy.








To join in with the challenge, head over to the 52CCT blog, you have until Friday 12th April to join in.

2 comments:

  1. Comme toujours, tu es original et très inattendu Lucinda, magnifique et moderne, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola, c'est un compliment vraiment gentil.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda