Pages

Saturday 20 April 2019

A festive tipple


It's our theme challenge this week at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. EK has chosen:



This prompted a bit of an internet search for appropriate jokes to use! And for stamps that worked with them.

Having made my choice, I found this wine bottle stamp in a set I'd never used. I stamped it in black versafine then heat embossed in clear. To colour it, I used distress inks with a water pen.



For my background, I used distress ink on the gel press plate. I started with a green layer, then splattered over with dark green, cream and dark red, and pulled a print. I splattered the plate with the dark green again, and added to the print, then did a layer of cream/brown, and added this as well to age it. The beauty of the gel plate and transparent inks!

To the base layer, I added a layer of script stamped in brown, second and third generation.



I cut this to size for a 6x6 card blank, then edged with brown ink. I used a holly swirl stamp in archival brown on each side, then used the end section to fill in the top with a holly sprig. I coloured the holly with green and red distress ink and the water pen.



For the sentiment, I used one of the offcuts from the background. I edged with brown and green, and added cream ink to the centre.

For the tag, I printed onto card and cut with a tag die. It reads "Goes well with turkey and difficult relatives". I added cream and brown ink to age it, with black around the edge, and a bit of red to tie in with the background.



I used black thread to tie the tag to the bottle, then mounted the bottle, tag and sentiment using foam pads.

Lastly, I added black distress ink around the bottle, tag and sentiment with a water pen, for a drop shadow.



Once again this isn't a card I'd have made without the theme prompt, but I actually really like it. The background has turned out beautifully, this holly swirl stamp is a revelation, I'll be using it again!




So now it's your turn to get your funny hats on. Go to the 52CCT blog to enter your cards - you have until Friday 26th April to join in and give us all a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. trop fun Lucinda, elle est si drĂ´le cette carte, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda