Pages

Saturday 27 April 2019

Paper play


Our stash challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month is to use printed holiday papers. I don't use these a lot, but have a bit of a collection gathered over the years, so it's good to have a reason to use them!


My card was inspired by a technique I saw on Split Coast Stampers, although I adapted it - I'd like to try the original, with a stamped image, sometime.

I chose my papers, then cut one into brick shapes.


I went round each with vintage photo distres oxide - that took a while!!

I cut the backing paper from another printed paper, and edged with frayed burlap oxide, stamped with vintage photo (using a dotty swirl from IndigoBlu) and distressed the edges.

I then stuck the bricks onto it - I didn't use all the pieces I'd cut.


For the focal point, I die cut a tree and sentiment from a third paper. I added ink to this to darken it to make it stand out from the background. I also added antique linen to the background where they were to go, to add contrast, I think I overdid this a bit, I tried to lift some with water at the end.

After adding the die cuts, I went round the sentiment and part of the tree with a fine black pen, to help it stand out.

This one went on a 6x6 card blank.




I think I like the idea of this card more than the execution - some of the other paper combinations might have looked better.





To join in with the challenge using your Christmas design paper, click through to the 52CCT. You have until Friday 3rd May to enter. Have fun!

1 comment:

  1. C'est sympa de te voir sortir de ta zone de confort Lucinda, ta carte est très chic, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda