Pages

Saturday 8 June 2019

Such stylish swirls


Fabiola has chosen a very stylish colour combination for us to play with at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week:




Kraft card isn't my favourite look for large areas, or to ink onto, but I do like it die cut, so I got out some new dies from Tonic, a Christmas alphabet, and snowflakes from Leonie Pujol.




And then to the background! I used a Wow embossing stamp, every time I go through my stamp folder I think I must use it sometime, so this was the time. I didn't emboss with it though, I inked up with hickory smoke and picked raspberry oxide, spritzed with water, then stamped onto Sheena's stamping card (on the left below).

I respritzed and stamped again for a second impression (on the right below).

As the stamp is smaller than my cards, I repeated, matching up the patterns - not perfectly, but well enough.



This was a "Wow" moment, I love how this has come out! So you know I had to make some more, in different colour combinations.



But back to this week's cards.

My curly letters got a little lost on the background, so I lightly stamped onto a scrap of card in the pink and grey, spritzed to soften the colour, and die cut the central parts of the letters.



These fitted back in, then the letters and the snowflake sprays went onto the darker background.



I had cut the background to size, and blended more of the hickory smoke round the edge.

I love the delicacy of this.



The kraft inner letters are for the lighter background. Originally I was going to put them over the kraft panel, so needed them to stand out. I sponged ink on, then highligted with a white gel pen, then added a sparkle pen.



When I came to put it together, I changed my mind on the layout, but like the pretty letters anyway.







Still love that background everytime I look at it!







To join in with the challenge, visit the 52CCT page. You have until Friday 14th June to play along.

1 comment:

  1. quelle jolies et élégantes cartes Lucinda, tes fonds sont toujours très travaillé et créatif, en tout cas le résultat est superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda