Pages

Saturday 1 June 2019

Sketching from my stash


We are in Fabiola's capable hands for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month.

As always, we start with a sketch:


After last week's experimentation, I played in my comfort zone with this one, with some favourite techniques.

I started with three backgrounds from my stash. As they were going to be covered, I didn't use the "special" ones, I chose the plainer ones that I wasn't sure what to do with.


After cutting to size, I used sticky notes to mask off areas, then added ink (distress oxides) with the petite gel plates, and a selection of stamps I'd pulled out.


This is such fun, building up layers of colour and pattern. It's nice to work with a small selection of stamps, it makes it more manageable than trying to find the "best" one from my whole collection.

For the sentiments and focal images, I used versafine black; I also ran this around the outside.

Here are two of the pieces at the end of this stage (I forgot to photograph the other one before moving on).


To finish, I used polychromos to define the edges of the areas with a drop shadow, and to colour/highlight some of the details.




This is definitely my favourite, the light, bright background I started with has made this a lovely, warm card.






I'm not sure the colours gel so well on this one, I was fighting the blue base a bit, maybe I should have stuck with cooler colours. But I do like the baubles!








This is the most sombre - with hindsight maybe a grey acrylic base wasn't the best choice! But I am rather fond of it nevertheless.






To join in with our challenge this week, head over to 52CCT. You have until Friday 7th June to play along. Enjoy your crafting!

1 comment:

  1. quel superbe design Lucinda, les couleurs originales et l'ambiance moderne sont parfait, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda