Pages

Saturday 6 February 2021

My turn to host


Welcome to February. It's my month to host the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I hope you enjoy the challenges I've chosen for us all to play with.

As always, we start the month with a sketch. This is what I composed for us:

 

I used an embossed resist for my cards. This is a pearlescent silver powder, although it's more cream than silver. The flower (which I think is a poinsettia) is a stamp I've had for ages and only recently used and realised how pretty it is. The diamonds are from Clarity.

I then added brushos - leaf green to one, and gambodge to the other, with touches of dark brown added later as it needed a bit more drama.

The sentiments are die cut, and then embossed with the same powder.

I edged the cards with matching ink.

 



This one also has some splatters using the brusho as a watercolour. The swirls of different greens and yellow are very delicate and pretty.

 

 

 


 

 

I love the colours of this one, although it's not traditionally Christmassy. There's great movement in the brushos.

 

 

 

  

 

I hope you're inspired to join in and play along with our sketch challenge. To enter, visit the 52CCT blog. The challenge is open until Friday 12th February.

12 comments:

  1. They are both absolutely gorgeous Lucinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are wonderful, Lucinda! I am fascinated by these powders and it is always a delight to see how they react in contact with water.Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's one of my favourite things, they rarely disappoint!

      Delete
  3. Oh Lucinda, j’aime ces couleurs lumineuses, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful cards you made :-)) I like your sketch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andreja, I hope you had fun playing with the sketch too

      Delete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous card designs and colors.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, and thanks for visiting x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda