Pages

Saturday 20 February 2021

When is a tag not a tag?


For my theme challenge as host of 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I've chosen "tags on cards" .



Although this was my theme, I struggled to get this card to come together!

I started with the bird. This is a die cut, which I coloured with inktense pencils, and then added gold paint.



I cut the tag using a Clarity die. I sponged antique linen distress oxide as a base, then added an old holly stamp in green, red and a gold/brown. I went over with white gesso through a brick stencil to knock the colour back. I partial stamped with a checked stamp from IndigoBlu, and heat embossed in gold. I added some black script, also an IndogoBlu stamp, then used the inktense pencils to create a ground for the bird.


I cut a second tag, in a larger size. I coloured it with the green inktense pencil to match the bird, and edged with gold paint.



Finally the base. I sponged antique linen over it, but then didn't like it, so spritzed with water and lifted most of the ink off.

I stamped the sentiment (from Clarity) and heat embossed in black. The holly and ivy stamp matches it, I stamped this around the edge in a mix of distress inks to match the bird again. Finally, I stamped the script stamp in antique linen - it doesn't really show in the photos, but gives more depth in real life.


 

The tags and base I edged with a black permanent pen.

I put it all together, with some sari ribbon I've had forever to attach the tags - they hang freely. I didn't know how to fasten the ribbon on, so ended up sewing it.

 



I didn't manage a photo that shows the richness of this, or the gold touches. You'll have to trust me!!

I do like the movement from having the tag hanging freely.

 

 

 

 

Your card can have a tag like this, or as a sentiment, or as part of an image, or even a tag shaped card!! To join in, head over to 52CCT. You have a week to enter, the challenge closes on Friday 26th February.

Have fun!

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda