Pages

Saturday 13 February 2021

Drippy colours


For my colour challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I've chosen pink, purple and blue. Purple is my favourite colour, pink is my daughter's. I wanted colours next to each other on the colour wheel so I could play with messy colour techniques, mixing colours without worrying about creating other colours!



I had a session making a series of backgrounds with these colours and different media. I added the colours to the top of the watercolour card while holding it upright, then spritzed with water to get drips and runs down the page.



From the left, I used brushos, sprays, distress oxides, distress reinkers, then I have three mop up sheets, printing from the paper towel used to catch the run off and mop up from the craft map.

I used the pieces made from brushos, sprays and one of the mop ups.

In the Black Friday sales, I couldn't resist this frosty bauble stamp from IndigiBlu. I don't usualy go for stamps that make a card in themselves, preferring to have more input, but this was so pretty! And at the moment with home schooling, something quick was appreciated.

I stamped and embossed with silver powder, then cut the cards down to size (14x14cm for a 6x6 card blank).



To finish, I added sentiments, from ClarityStamp, also heat embossed in silver, and edged in silver as well.



 

This is the card made with spray inks. It's the darkest and most dramatic.

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

This uses a mop up piece, much more delicate and pretty.

 

 

 

 

 


 


This angle shows the stamp off better - the perennial problem of photographing shiny cards!!






And finally the brushos - I cut away the part of the card with the bursts that I usually love from brushos (although it's in the stash for another time!) so this has a much softer, dreamier feel, with shades of colour that I adore.




However you choose to play with these colours, please visit us at 52CCT to see the wonderful inspiration from the design team, and to share your card. The challenge is open for a week until Friday 19th February.

8 comments:

  1. Wow Lucinda, your cards are stunning. I love the arty backgrounds you achieved. And the stamped and embossed images look beautiful - that large stamp is simply gorgeous! Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gill, I had a fun afternoon playing with the backgrounds. The stamp is lovely, isn't it - so pretty.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you use this colours ... fantastic backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andreja. And more for the stash!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda