Pages

Saturday 3 July 2021

July sketch at 52CCT


Andreja M is our July host at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. She has chosen this lovely sketch for us to play with.


I had the brushos out again for this one. I wanted to try brushos over a dry embossed card, I was hoping they'd take up the embossed pattern.

I tried 4 different folders. The shallow emboss didn't work well, the water from the brushos took out a lot of the emboss. The deeper emboss was better, although it still didn't steer the colour as I'd hoped. One was a bit better, but I have put that aside and not used it here.

I also used brushos for the backgrounds.



For this card, I used prussian blue and black, I love the drama. This was a deeper emboss. The sentiment is from a new to me stamp set, I edged everything with a black permanent pen.






 This one has brighter, more Christmassy colours. I used yellow brusho, paired with leaf green in the background and brilliant red on the topper.

The emboss was shallow on this one, so I put it back through with an extra layer in my sandwich after I'd coloured the card. I then added drops of the red to run around the emboss, although it's still "subtle".

 

 

The other two I made, I've kept back without the sentiment, for when I need a quick card, as there's nothing on them that's specific to Christmas.

To play along with this sketch, head over to the 52CCT blog. The challenge is open until Friday 9th July.

1 comment:

  1. quel look moderne Lucinda, magnifiques créations, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda