Pages

Saturday 13 November 2021

Alcohol ink baubles


Gill is our host at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for the month, and has set a colour challenge for us:



I got ahead for this one, during a workshop earlier in the year using alcohol inks on a gel plate, with stencils.

 

The two on the left are from the gelplate, applied through the stencil (from Clarity) then lifted with white acrylic. The ones on the right are then cleaning off the stencil, with IPA.

I used top right and bottom left.



 

I didn't muck around with these at all. I simply cut a section to fit the side of a 6x6 card blank and edged with black pen. I stamped the sentiment in black archival, and added dots with a black pen.

 


 

A simple layout to allow the alcohol ink designs to shine.








 

The two techniques give different effects - the first is brighter and cleaner, but I really love this more grungy look.





To play along come and visit us at 52CCT.

This challenge is open for a week, to Friday 19th November.

Have fun!

 

4 comments:

  1. oh c'est très élégant Lucinda, j'aime ce coté fané et vintage, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucinda - your cards never fail to impress me - gorgeous as always. What a clever technique you've used - I wish I could come and play in your craft room with you! Thank you for your wonderful inspiration. Hugs, Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gill, wouldn't that be lovely? To craft with friends in person! Craft, and various online crafting communties, have been an enormous support over the last 18 months but I miss in person crafternoons. But we have a outbreak at my daughters school at the moment so need to be patient a little bit longer!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda