Pages

Saturday 4 June 2022

Black and White


For June, Branka is hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. She starts with a sketch for us to play with.

 


I have a lot on at the moment, so am trying to keep it simple for my cards.

This one started with the base sqaure, I die cut a circle into it. I edged the circle and outside edge in black, then ran it through an embossing folder.

I cut a smaller square to go behind, and stamped the poinsettia, from Tina Cox for Clarity. I used versafine clair for a strong black.

I stamped the swirl stamp in the same ink, and cut the strips. They looked a little odd individually, but together you can see the swirl pattern and it works much better. The sentiment is printed. The strips and sentiment were edged in black, then I put it all together.

 



 

Simple and stylish in black and white - at least I think so!

 

 

 

 

 

Now over to you, how will you interpret the sketch? You have a week to join in on the 52CCT blog, until Friday 10th June.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda