Pages

Saturday 23 July 2022

Christmas Eve in Watercolour


For her last week as host at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, Jenny has set us a technique challenge.

 

I took a while to settle on a design for this, but these houses are something I'd wanted to try for ages.

I doodled the houses with permanent drawing pens on watercolour paper, then watercoloured them and fussy cut them out.

For the sky, I added masking fluid through a crescent mask for the moon, then splattered for stars. (Where the splatters were too heavy I just rubbed some off again.) I then watercoloured over with dark blue and purple, and when it was dry I rubbed off the masking fluid.

The Santa is a diecut, which I again coloured, and added lines with the drawing pen to tie it in with the houses.

I arranged the houses at the bottom of the card, glued it all down, then edged with black.

 

 

I am really happy with how this has come out, the houses were such fun to do.

 

 

And now it's your turn - let us see your watercolour cards. The 52CCT blog has loads of inspiration, and the link to share your card. Happy watercolouring!

1 comment:

  1. magique Lucinda, ce paysage est tellement beau, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda