Pages

Saturday 2 July 2022

Rustic Stag


A new month and a new host at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown! Jenny is with us for July, and as always she kicks off with a sketch.



I used this gorgeous stag head die. I cut it from inked paper, then gently overstamped with a music stamp.

The circle is cut from brown card, embossed then highlighted with oxide inks.

Behind we have a strip from an old dictionary, which I inked to age, then stencilled holly leaves for a more festive feel. The other piece is card which I inked direct to paper in brown, then embossed and highlighted in red.

The background uses a tree stamp from Clarity, and forest moss oxide ink. Finally I matted it onto card I inked with brown, a bit of red, and then a very dark stazon ink around the edge of both pieces.


 

 

The photos don't show the warmth this has in real life. I do like the background, this is one of my favourite distress shades.

 


 

 

 

To play along with this sketch, pop over and visit the 52CCT blog. You have a week to join in, until Friday 8th July. Happy playing!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda