Pages

Saturday 9 July 2022

Simple reindeer


 

Jenny's colour choice at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week is fresh and bold:

 


I've opted for a CAS approach to this one - so it's WHITE red and aqua.

I ran my card through an embossing folder, the stamped the sentiment in black archival. I added the lines with a pen and ruler (with masking tape either end to get them even). I then added the little reindeer.

I tried a landscape version, but the folder edge marked the card when I put it at an angle, then the card warped when I tried to wetting it to get the crease out. I also didn't edge the card before embossing it, so the inked edge looks a bit messy. Hindsight is wonderful!

 

Maybe I'll remount it, with wide super sticky tape for the warping, and trimming the edge and using a matte behind instead.

 



 

 Simple, but quite stylish I think!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

There are lots more cards for inspiration on the 52CCT blog, then I'd love for you to share your own version of our colour challenge. You have a week, until Friday 15th July, to play along.

1 comment:

  1. tu maitrises l'art de la simplicité, elle est superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda