Pages

Saturday 9 May 2020

A little bit funky



This week on the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Tracy has asked us to use non-traditional colours.


I called on one of my favourite combinations for this - wilted violet, picked raspberry and twisted citron distress oxides.

I stamped a design from Tina Cox for ClarityStamp, and embossed in clear. I then added my colours, using the ink pads direct to paper.


I spritzed with water to move and merge the colours.


I'm definitely having a phase of resist embossing.

This was paler than I wanted, so I added more ink to my mat, sprized and dipped the card into it.


To emphasise the design more, I added the colours with a water pen, into more specific areas. This worked well, but if I was doing this again, I think I'd use white embossing powder.

I cut down to size for a 5x7 card blank.

To frame, I cut narrow strips of white card and arranged around the main design. I cut the sentiment and added that to the bottom. But I wasn't happy with it, so cut my honeycomb die, to tie in with the hexagons in the design. I added these around the corners, lifting the sentiment so the honeycomb went underneath.



These background dies are becoming very helpful to "rescue" cards that I'm not totally happy with, they make great frames to tone down a background and add interest.

I still love this bright colour combination, and the great stamp design.



To play along with this fun challenge, visit the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 15th May to join in.

6 comments:

  1. What a great way to watercolor! Very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it's a lazy way to watercolour! But I love the random splashes and patterns and blends that appear.

      Delete
  2. C'est très original Lucinda, moderne et surprenant, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, my daughter chose this combination originally!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda