Pages

Saturday 16 May 2020

Silhouettes - Winter vs Christmas


For Tracy's theme challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, she has asked us to create a card using a silhouette.


So perfect opportunity to get out the Christmas Wee Folk from Clarity.

But first things first, the backgrounds.

I stamped the diamond shape outlines (also Clarity) onto card, and cut masks to cover them.

I used this stamp set, which I bought recently from a destash group - they are so dangerous!


For the first card, I used purple, yellow and turquoise acrylic paint. I brayered them onto the gel plate, then picked up the paint with the stamp to add to the card. I also dipped the card into the paint that was left, which had the stamp impression in it.


Because I was having fun, I made another, with red, lime green and teale.


This is how they looked with the masks removed.


I stamped the Wee Folk using midnight blue and fern green stazon inks. I used the stamp platform as I needed to repeat stamp, and the outside of the mask so I stayed in the apertures.


I used posca paint pens to outline the diamonds, and added chains up and down from the points. I also edged the cards. I used the white posca and a white gel pen to highlight the diamonds and chains so they stood out.

I did a little pencil work in the diamonds to ground the figures, but kept it minimal.

Finally I used a scrap of card I'd used to pick up spare paint from the gel plate, and stamped the sentiments (mini word chains from Clarity), in stazon ink. The white gel pen came out again to make the words stand out. I edged with the posca pens and added to the cards. I went around in the white posca pen to highlight.



I love the colours on this card, and the figures playing in the snow are my favourites.





These colours are more festive, and I do love how the background came out. I chose the more festive celebration Wee Folk for this one, which I like.



To join in with this challenge, and see the inspiration from the rest of the Design team, head ove to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 22nd May to enter.

4 comments:

  1. quel joli look moderne pour ces scènes très mignonnes, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola, j'aime toute opportunité de jouer avec ma gel plate

      Delete
  2. Little mini silhouettes...so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda