Pages

Saturday 23 May 2020

Simple embossing


I recently re-found two embossing folders that I bought at a destash sale last year and had never used. I wanted to use them for Tracy's embossing challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, even though I'd already done a resist embossing card.


So a couple of days ago, while chatting to my mum on the phone, I knocked out these quick cards. I never do quick cards so this was a bit of a surprise! I'm sure there are much more exciting things you can do with these folders, but I think these are pretty nonetheless.

I cut card to size for a 5x7 card, then ran through the folders.



I lightly wiped pigment ink pads over the top to catch the embossed areas. It was't perfect but I don't think it matters.

I then added a white glitter embossing powder to the ink, for a touch of sparkle. (The photo of the other card is refusing to upload for some reason!)


I edged the cards in the same inks.

On a scrap of card I gently swiped the inks over then die cut my sentiments.


I couldn't find a placement on the blue card that I liked, until I thought to spin it round to a landscape card.



Simple, subtle, but very pretty I think. And two kinds of embossing!








The sage green and copper colours on this one don't show that well, and nor does the sparkle. Trust me that this looks really pretty in real life!







Share your embossed Christmas cards at the 52CCT blog - this challenge is open until Friday 5th June.

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty cards and I like the technique I must try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a KISS technique but I think it's pretty. Hope you have fun trying it.

      Delete
  2. Très jolie créations Lucinda, je vois que ce thème t'as beaucoup inspiré, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Merci Fabiola, il y avait trop d'options pour essayer!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda