Pages

Saturday 13 June 2020

Pretty in pink.... and purple


At the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week, Becca has chosen pink, purple and gold for us to play with.


I struggled to think of how to use these, I played with my gel plate so have lots of half started cards. But in the end I went with a simple and soft option.

I stamped the snowflakes across my card using distress oxides - milled lavender, shaded lilac and victorian velvet.

I then stamped the sentiment, small snowflakes and crosses around the edge in versamark and heat embossed with Wow platinum embossing powder - it's a pale gold that I really like, I prefer it to a really yellow gold.

Then I edged in milled lavender and mounted on a 5x7 card blank.





So simple, but pretty, especially in real life when you can see the glimmer of the gold.







Maybe this weekend I'll play with the more grungy, rich backgrounds from the gel plate and add those cards too.

To join in with this challenge, click through to the 52CCT here. You have until Friday 19th June to add your card.

6 comments:

  1. So soft and lovely! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. C'est si charmant Lucinda, ces flocons tout en douceur, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucinda...love, love, love the subtlety of your snowflakes! Thank you so much for inviting me to GD at Christmas Card Throwdown this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for guesting with us this week x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda