Pages

Saturday 6 June 2020

Funky Groovi snowflakes


Becca is our host at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month.

She has kicked us off with this sketch:



While the snowflakes don't have to actually be snowflakes, they are my favourites, and I have more of them than anything else in my stash, so I have used them. I have a new Groovi plate with "funky snowflakes", so out that came!

First the line work, as always. I used a variety of plates, mostly with snowflakes!



Next, colouring. I used sharpie pens for the detail areas, as they give such a strong colour.

I used polychromo pencils for the background, and to colour the background snowflakes.

I wanted the smaller snowflakes that are from the sketch to stand out more, so I actually did some white work around them - I don't usually do any of the traditional parchment techniques. With hindsight, I'd use different style snowflakes with more area that I could colour with the sharpies.



I cut the parchment out with pinking shears, and cut a patterned background to go behind. I attached the parchment using tiny silver brads I found when I was going through a box of craft stuff the other day.




You can't really see the patterned paper in the photos, but it shows through the snowflakes.
I love the delicacy of parchment for doing snowflake cards, I think it works so well.



To join in with the challenge, visit the 52CCT blog - you'll also see the fantastic inspiration from my design team colleagues.

This challenge closes on Friday 12th June.

4 comments:

  1. I love your Funky groovy snowflakes AND the way you did the sketch! Nice..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Netta. I do have a bit of a snowflake obsession!

      Delete
  2. superbe carte Lucinda, magnifique design, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda