Pages

Saturday 22 August 2020

Christmas shadows


For her technique challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, Andreja has chosen 



There are some videos showing how to do this on the 52CCT blog.

I used my stamp platform, and tried a few different stamps.

I started by stamping in black archival ink.




I then moved the card left and down slightly to stamp again in versamark, and added white embossing powder and heated. I repeated this step to get a strong white.






This obviously makes the images sink back, so we need colour to bring them out again.

I added distress ink to an acrylic block and spritzed. I stamped off on spare card to take off the first "blob" of ink, then pressed it over my images repeatedly. The embossing resisted the ink, and the black showed through the translucent ink.



I love this one!



This one I was less sure about - I added more blue to the left, trimmed it down and stamped in colour and then black in the corners using a stamp from the same set as the tree.



This one didn't work at all! Maybe I could save it with some specific colouring, for the moment it's gone into the file of "to be rescued" pieces.

For the sentiment, I also shadow stamped. I used coloured distress inks first (co-ordinating with the cards). I used more than one colour on the words.




I moved the card slightly then added black archival. For the baubles I used a scrap of white card, for the tree I used an offcut with ink on.






I really like how the ink came out on this one, it's very pretty. The bauble is lovely too, I'm not sure I've used it before!








This one took a bit more work before I was happy with it, and I still don't like it as much as the first. But the colours are lovely and bright.






To try your hand at shadow stamping and join the challenge, head over to 52CCT.

As there are 5 Saturdays in August, you have two weeks to complete this challenge, it closes on Friday 4th September. Have fun!

6 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda