Pages

Saturday 17 April 2021

Gel plate sleigh play


Branka's theme choice at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is Winter Sledges.



This includes sleighs - which gives me a chance to dig out a lovely stamp from one of the first sets I ever got!

And to play with my gel plate!

This print owes a lot to what was already on the plate from last time. I added heather, light blue and white paint, and used a variety of things to add pattern into the paint - one texture plate then the rest was packaging and waste.

When the paint dried on the plate, I then used white paint to reactivate and lift the print.

For the stars, I sponged red paint onto the gel plate through an IndigoBlu stencil, then lifted them onto the print.

Once I'd cut the print to size, I put it into the stamp platform with the stamp. I sponged paint onto parts the stamp, different colours (teale, purple, green, red), restamping until I had a reaonable impression. I also added a bit of black ink for definition.

The sentiment was stamped with the same black.

I then went in with pencils and drawing pens. I added definition to parts of the sentiment and sleigh, and brought out the presents. Doodles and dots grounded the sleigh and added detail and interest. Basically, I played with it until I was happy!

 



 

I love the finish the gel plate gives with paint, really textured and multilayered. This is such a fun card to me!

 

 

 

 

 

To join in with this super challenge, visit us at the 52CCT blog, where you can see the inspiration from my design team colleagues.

Entries close in a week, on Friday 23rd April.

I can't wait to see what you come up with!

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda