Pages

Saturday 3 April 2021

Inky tree


Branka is hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for April. This is the sketch she has chosen:



I got out my gel plate and distress oxides for this one, and used them with some snowflake stamps. However, it was the waste where I cleaned the brayer and stamp that I ended up using for this card.

I used one of the other prints to die cut the tree, and then contrasting scraps for the stars - and a bit of centura pearl.

I stamped the sentiment in chipped sapphire, to match the background. And sponged it around the edge of the card, and the tree.




 

This isn't my favourite card ever, it lacks contrast. Maybe I'll go back and change it up some time!






To play with this sketch yourself, head over to the 52CCT blog. You'll find the inspiration from the rest of the design team. The challenge is open for a week, you have until Friday 9th April to enter.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and peaceful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd like a bit more drama but will settle for pretty!

      Delete
  2. I like your creative take on the sketch, the beautiful die cuts and that soft and harmonious background you created. Happy and healthy Easter to you and yours, Lucinda. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi, it is harmonious, using the prints from one session gives that unity.

      Delete
  3. oh Lucinda, superbe, pleine de charme, elle est toute en douceur, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda