Pages

Saturday 10 April 2021

Silver, silver, silver


Branka's colour challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week is Silver and White.



My first thought was to make something delicate and pretty with silver embossing, and dry embossing on white. And I'm sure we'll have some beautiful cards like that. But I wasn't in that kind of mood, I wanted to make something more grungy.

I started with super smooth white watercolour paper, and silver mica powder. I wetted the paper, mixed the powder with water, and painted and splattered it onto the card.



I used the one on the right as my background, and the other for die cutting.

I cut the background down, and die cut a zig zag edge.



I then overstamped the background with silver pigment ink and a few different stamps. 



The right side was a bit plain/dark, so I stamped and heat embossed with silver powder.

From the other mica powder piece, I die cut a circle, and the Noel shape and some snowflakes. I stamped parts of the circle with the silver ink.

I heat embossed a spare piece of card with my sentiment, then painted the edges with mica powder.

To mount, I cut a piece of white card and edged with silver embossing powder.

There was a lot of fiddling and rearranging before I got to a composition I was happy with!



 

I'm really pleased with how this has turned out. I didn't know if I'd be able to get this much variety and interest just using silver, but I think that with the different products and techniques, I have.





I hope this has inspired you to play! To join in with your take on silver and white Christmas cards, pop over to the 52CCT blog. The challenge is open for a week, to Friday 16th April.

6 comments:

  1. Love your work on background ! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andreja. I like these no pressure, anything goes backgrounds, much less stressful!

      Delete
  2. Quite ethereal! I love your artsy card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes, I see what you mean, think that's the reflective and pale mica powder! I don't use it enough x

      Delete
  3. oh Lucinda, quelle beauté! biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda