Pages

Friday 25 December 2015

A Christmas Assortment

Last week saw a last minute flurry of Christmas card making, and completing some that had been "in progress" since the summer, to get them sent out to family and friends.

So here's a quick tour of the final makes of the year; some familiar faces and some new designs.


Let it snow Christmas cards with green and purple watercolour background and snowflakes


The green and purple backgrounds from November were revisited with squiggly free hand frames.

I had a play with a different shape watercolour background.

Watercolour Christmas tree shapes, some with sentiments

I tried stamping the sentiment before and after painting the tree, and for some stamped it over the tree.

Having used distress inks in crushed olive and dusty concord, I could stamp the card bases in the same colour snowflakes to match, to create frames and backgrounds. After doing a few I decided that second and third generation stamping looked best, and matched the colours most closely.

Card bases stamped with snowflakes in green and purple


I used gems as stars and baubles on the trees, and mounted them up, and there's a nice batch of cards ready.

Olive green Christmas card with watercolour tree shape

Purple Christmas card with watercolour tree shape

Purple Christmas cards with watercolour tree shape












The next card is a version of the previous post, but instead of the frame I stamped some doodle shapes from a set of circular stamps I got in a charity shop, and coloured them in red to match the script. I think I prefer this version to the original!

Red striped Merry Christmas card design with green swirl background


Finally, some Groovi parchment cards. I created most of the parchment work while I was away on holiday in August, they've been waiting to be mounted. I used patterned paper from a gorgeous bundle in my stash that I bought from a local charity shop a few months ago. They quite often get a lot of craft things in, so it's always worth checking the window. These papers are quite shiny which doesn't work a lot of the time, but they look great behind the parchment.

Groovi Christmas card, Noel in lilac

Groovi Christmas card, branch and baubles in green

Groovi Christmas card, Joy and snowflakes, in blue

Groovi Christmas card, Noel, in orange











I am really pleased with these, the parchment work is so pretty and has a lovely wintery feel. I'll definitely be making more for next year. I like the colouring, and feel confident doing it, but the white work (as on the Noel card) gives such a gorgeous effect I think it'll be worth the effort to practice and get better.

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda