Pages

Thursday 13 April 2017

Make Art Not War


This is a quick project inspired/prompted by Barbara Gray's blog yesterday. She suggested we make a piece of art with the words "Make Art Not War" as a collective craft community statement. This is my contribution.

I started with an inky background from a mop up of a previous project, which I really liked. Such a pity you can never repeat these!



I stamped the words in black archival ink. I had "art" from a word chain, the other words were made up from the word chain alphabet stamps.



I had thought I'd add more to the background, but actually I really like it as is. So simple!

I just trimmed the card down, added a little purple and yellow round the corners (dry brushing with the ink left on my stencil brushes) and mounted on black card.



I should probably sign this now - but not taking the photos again!

I hope you like my simple statement.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece of artwork Lucinda, I love the colours you've used, they really make the sentiment stand out. Have just put my version of Make Art Not War on my blog so really interested to see what other people are coming up with. Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn. It's great to see all the different versions that people are coming up with, isn't it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda